ABOUT PG PROGRAM
M.Tech-VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was the first department in the institution to start M.Tech programme in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems with an intake of 18 under Visvesvaraya Technological University in the year 2007.
Highlights of PG Program
- The department has industry driven VLSI CAD tools with very high-end server.
- Upgraded Cadence tool suite to PG version and Xilinx tool for Digital Design.
- Tied up with industry TSilicon to get exposure on Physical Design for fabrication of an ASIC.
- Signed MoUs with Euro Practice Austria and SCL Chandigarh fabrication units to enhance the opportunity to fabricate CMOS circuits
- The department has many faculty members with PhDs and industry experienced in VLSI and Embedded Systems.
- Advanced embedded systems boards with Arm Cortex has been part of the curriculum of the department for the last couple of years.
- Students are encouraged to take up internships and final year projects in industries like
This has led to many students being placed in these industries
- KPIT and many more
- Students have also taken up research projects in IISc and other Centres of Excellence within the institution like Robotics, IoT, STUSAT and MEMS centre.
- The student’s project work has finally led to very good research articles published in many reputed conferences and journals.