VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVE & OUTCOMES
Vision - NMIT
To provide India and the World, technical manpower of the highest academic excellence and World class by shaping our youth through holistic and integrated education of the highest quality.
Mission - NMIT
To develop Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology through Quality, Innovative and State-of-art educational initiatives into a centre of academic excellence that will turn out youth with well balanced personality & commitment to rich cultural heritage of India and who will successfully face the Scientific and Technological challenges in the fast-evolving Global scenario with a high degree of credibility, integrity and ethical standards.
Quality Policy - NMIT
To bring about constant and Continuous Improvement in the Quality of Education Imparted and Turning out High Quality Professionals with Balanced and Globally Competitive Personality through Regular Monitoring of the Academic/ Administrative Activities of the Institution and Implementing Corrective Actions in the Best Ethical and Transparent Traditions.
Department of Civil Engineering
To be one among the top-notch Civil Engineering Departments in India, create Centre of Excellence, to provide globally competent Civil Engineering graduates serving the needs of the society and sustainable development.
- M1: To integrate a system, conducive for teaching and continuous learning, research, and undertake consultancy and developmental activities, through excellent teaching, research and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- M2: To impart professionalism among students- through Industry Institute Interaction.
- M3: To imbibe leadership qualities, professional ethics, environmental consciousness and social responsibilities and to serve the society through co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Civil Engineering Graduates will
- PEO 1: Excel to take up challenging professional roles successfully in industry or be successful entrepreneurs to create a sustainable built environment.
- PEO 2: Pursue higher education and involve in research with zeal for lifelong learning.
- PEO 3: Demonstrate leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, ethical values and environmental awareness, to serve the society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Civil Engineering graduates will
- PSO1: identify the field problems, formulate, adopt codal provisions and design civil engineering structures.
- PEO 2: identify and utilize the latest Materials and Technologies, contributing to sustainable, energy efficient and environmental friendly construction.
After successful completion of the Programme, an Engineering Graduate will possess
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.