B.E.- ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in 2001 with an intake of 60 students, at present the intake is 180.
The highlights of the UG Program are
- The program is four years duration out of which first year is common to all the branches.
- From second year students will enter the Electronics and Communication Engineering department.
- The department has qualified and experienced faculty members with expertise in VLSI and embedded systems, digital communication, signal processing, computer networks, nanoelectronics, etc.
- The department has been granted Autonomy in the year 2008 leading to greater flexibility in changing the syllabus and modifying it in accordance with Academic and Industry requirements.
- Main focus is on core areas such as Wireless Communication, Signal and Image processing, VLSI design , Embedded systems, Robotics, and Automotive Electronics.
- The department facilitates well-equipped laboratories strengthened by software's like Matlab, Cadence, Labview, HFSS, Multisim, Vivado, Keil, etc. and supported by Zibo, Nexys, Kintex hardware boards for course related and UG projects.
- Students will get an exposure to work in different Center of Excellences such as Robotics, IoT, Center for Small Satellites, Micro Electro Mechanical Systems(MEMS) leading to good innovations.
- Department has framed the curriculum of few subjects in-line with industry requirements to get good exposure to programming skills such as Arm based Microcontroller.
- Students are trained both for academics and soft skills coupled with state of the art courses in the form of core and open electives.
- In third year, students are made to take up credit based internships through online platforms such as NPTEL, coursera.
- The department facilitates industry institute interaction with the industries like KPIT Technologies, Tata Elxsi, Edgate, Bosch, L&T infotech, Capegemini etc. through collaborations for the industrial visit, internship, workshops and job opportunities.
- As a curriculum requirement students take up their final year projects as a team in different advanced topics to come out with an innovative model leading to technical publications and few patented.
- The department has a platform “IRIS” which helps the students to showcase their talents in Co-curricular and Extracurricular activities.
- Department collaborations with professional bodies such as IETE , IEEE, ISTE, ISSE, which allows active participation of students and faculty to upgrade their knowledge in various technical fields.
- With the acquired knowledge more than 85 percentage of students are placed with a median CTC of 3.5 Lpa in various reputed companies.