ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2001 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. The department has been accredited in 2009, 2014 and 2018. The main areas of learning in this program pertain to the principles and analysis of equipment and systems used in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electrical energy. Other areas of learning pertain to electronic devices and circuits used in the measurement, instrumentation, control and protection of electrical equipment and conversion systems. Students also learn concepts related to computers and the applications for computer based systems used in the design, analysis and operation of power system. The faculty members always strive to impart knowledge in the best possible manner to the students. The quality and standard of teaching is always a priority for the faculty members.
The department offers a UG (B.E) program in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and a PG (M.Tech.) program in Renewable Energy. The department is recognized as a research center by VTU and offers M.Sc. (by research) and Ph.D. programs.
- Well Equipped Laboratories - The laboratories in the department are well equipped with instruments required to cater to the hands-on integrated laboratory practices and to facilitate research work.
- Modernization of Lab with funds from reputed funding agencies – The department as upgraded the Power Electronics Laboratory with a special fund of Rs.10 Lakhs 'MODROBS' scheme (AICTE) and Rs.16 Lakhs for modernizing the Power System Protection and Simulation Laboratory, 18.26 Lakhs from ARM University Program, 1 Lakh from Cypress University Program, 0.73 Lakhs for DSP Laboratory, 1.66 Lakhs for Microcontroller Laboratory, 10 Lakhs for Modernization of Electrical Machines Laboratory from AICTE.
The department regularly organizes industrial visits. The experts from industries and institutes enhance the students' knowledge through technical lectures on contemporary subjects in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. In 2019, intake was increased to 120.
- Laboratories - Department is well equipped with laboratories like Electrical Machines Laboratory, Analog Electronics Laboratory, Digital Electronics Laboratory, Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory, Control Systems Laboratory, Digital Signal Processing, Microcontroller Laboratory, Power System Protection Laboratory, Power System Simulation Laboratory, Basic Electrical Laboratory, Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Center of Excellence- Department has a Center of Excellence in Power Engineering which will skill the students with much needed emerging technologies and engineering solutions of the current and future industry whichintern attracts more premium job offers in core companies like Telco Communication India Pvt. Ltd., Titan Engineering Automation Solutions, ABB Limited, Siemens Ltd.,etc.
- Multidisciplinary Electives - Other than core subjects the Department of EEE Offers multidisciplinary courses like Artificial Intelligence, Neural Network, Fuzzy Logic, Quantum Computing, Object Oriented Programming using C++, Machine Learning, Industrial Automation Using IOT, Smart Energy, Assembly Line Automation and Machine Building, Virtual Instrumentation, Biosensors and Instrumentation, Programming Techniques in Electrical Engineering which ultimately provides a platform to get employment in IT sectors with the knowledge acquired in various domains.
- Hands-on Training practices and Site/Industry visits - Department Conducts training programs, hands-on workshop ad organizes Industry visits on a regular basis for the students to expose them to industry practices to enhance employability through expert knowledge encouraging to upgrade their skills, innovative way of thinking and renewed motivation.
- Compulsory Internship – As a part of curriculum, department facilitates 46 weeks’ internship in reputed companies and summer internship will be offered to the external candidates by in-house experts for a period of 4 weeks. Training on ETAP, EPLAN, Mi-Power, etc will be carried out to make the students industry ready.