The Department of Civil Engineering at NMIT is one of theCore Engineering Departments, growing in leaps and bounds in both academics and research fields. It is grooming the budding engineers to the ever challenging requirements of the field.The department is imparting quality education to meet the technological and industrialadvancement. The accomplishments of the Department are highlighted as follows.
- 2009 – The Department was established– an Autonomous UG Program in Civil Engineering started with an intake of 60.
- Recognized as a Research Centre from Visvesvaraya Technological University
- 2013 – Intake is increased to 120
- PG – M.Tech in Structural Engineering Programme started with intake of 24.
- VTU Recognized Research Centre for M.Sc.Engg. by research and PhDProgramme.
- 2015 – Permanent affiliation under VTU.
- 2016 – PG Programme obtained its Autonomous Status under VTU.
- 2017 – UG Programme was accredited by NBA under Tier-1 for 3 Years till 2020.
- 2020 – NBA accreditation is renewed up to 2023.
- The department imparts an Outcome Based Education [OBE] and modifies the syllabus once n three years/need based in line with industry requirements.
- Internship/Visits to Industry/Research Centre/Hands-on practices are mandatory requirement of the curriculum.
- Signed MoUs with reputed industries and Research Institutes for Internship,industry based live project works and technical trainings.
- MOOC/NPTEL Courses are a mandatory part of curriculum.