Dr. P.G. Mukunda
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology,
P.O. Box 6429, Yelahanka, Bangalore 560064.
Ph: +91 80 22167800
Research in nano materials and MEMS has recently gained momentum with many academicians, researchers and industries taking active part in it. The Center has been carrying out collaborative work with all National MEMS Design Center across the country with the help of Professors at CeNSE and ECE Departments of IISc. The area is a multidisciplinary field hence when students and faculty take active part in this research, they get a complete view of different facets of Science and Technology and it applications. This helps in building a connection between the institute and industry.
To become a Centre of excellence in frontier area of research and extend facilities and expertise to students and faculty of colleges in the region.
To develop a Centre of Excellence in the field of MEMS, smart materials, microbatteries and water purification by collaborating with advanced research institutes like IISc and IIT's and also by motivating students to undertake research as career.
The Centre for Nanomaterials and MEMS at NMIT, has been instituted to nurture the research abilities and innovative thinking capabilities among the students and faculty members of NMIT. The objective is to give knowledge and create awareness on the important facets of Nanomaterials and Technology, highlighting the current trends and future directions in multidisciplinary areas like Electronics, Energy, chemical, Civil, Mechanical, Space, Medicine, Health care etc.
1. Develop smart materials for MEMS sensors and actuators, Energy storage and RO systems applications.
2. To serve as an educational and training centre in the frontier areas of science and technology of smart materials for students, scientists and engineers.
3. To give knowledge & create awareness in new technologies and to work on challenging areas for societal benefits and for the nation development.
4. To train Manpower (created for FAST) by admitting them for both Masters and Ph.D programmes and enhancing their domain knowledge on smart materials for development of thrust areas of research.
5. To offer technical advice and support to researchers in academic institutions / universities and industries in the area of smart materials and systems
6. To play a lead role in University system by establishing a Tier 2 center of Excellence in Micro and Nano technologies and develop links with Tier 1 centers in IITs and IISc as well as Industries.
In the Centre for Nanomaterials and MEMS (CNM) at NMIT, we have dynamic multidisciplinary group of researchers oriented and working for the objectives, in the following research areas:
1. Design, Simulation and Development of Micro-Electro-Mechanical systems (MEMS)
2. Thin Film Materials Science and Engineering
3. NanoMaterials Synthesis