To develop the Department of Mechanical Engineering into a center of excellence where students can learn to become Mechanical Engineers of the highest quality in order meet the rapidly evolving global needs of industry and society.
To develop the Mechanical Engineering Program through design and development of Mechanical Systems and innovative research and to inculcate among student leadership qualities and professional ethics.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be outstanding in the roles they have in the industry
- Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will pursue higher studies and excel in multi-disciplinary research activities.
- Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behavior, good communication skills and adaptation to current technologies through life-long learning.
The Program outcomes are for graduate to -
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- Be capable of developing mechanical systems or processes per the specifications and requirements.
- Effectively engage in multidisciplinary activities in an individual capacity or in a team.
- Be capable of identifying, formulating and solving mechanical engineering problems.
- Understand their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Confidently apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- Be capable of self-learning and to understand the value of lifelong learning leading to continuing professional development.
- Employ effective project management skills required to execute projects.
- Be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment required to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- Design and evaluate mechanical systems/processes which are environment friendly with appropriate consideration for public health and safety.