Dr. Jharna Majumdar, Dean R & D, Prof. & Head, Dept of CSE (PG) along with Santhosh Kumar K L, Final Year M Tech Student are the proud owners of a patent on “Automatic Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization Method”. Both are from the Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology.
- “DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR” –Awarded to Dr.NALINI.N, Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology by TechNext India 2017 in association with Computer Society of India-CSI, Mumbai Chapter on 14-15 Jan 2017 at IIT-Mumbai.
- Archana Naik has completed the course with Distinction on “Big Data and analytics” from 26th Sept 2016 to 2nd Oct 2016, conducted by Phigital Insights, Bangalore.
- Dr. Kavitha Sooda is awarded as SPOC in recognition of her remarkable contribution to the Infosys Campus connect program during the period January 2015 to December 2015
- Dr. Kavitha Sooda was awarded her Ph.D. degree in July 2015, from JNTU, Hyderabad. She has carried out her work under the supervision of Dr. T.R. Gopalakrishnan Nair. Her research area was in the field of “Routing in Cognitive Networks”.
- Dr. Nalini. N, Professor, Department of CSE received Dr. Abdul Kalam Life Time Achievement National Award, in Dec 2014 by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms®, Bangalore, For Achievements in the field of Teaching, Research, Publications and Administration
- IBNC certificate/ Recognition -Certificate of appreciation awarded to Dr.Nalini N in recognition for outstanding efforts and support shown in making India’s biggest networking championship a grand success held in association with ACES-ACM-IIT, Delhi on Cloud Computing conducted by I-Media Solutions (P) Ltd held at NMIT as part of ANANDYANTA Technical Fest, FEB 2015.
- Satish E.G., Received Best Paper Presentation Award for Presenting the Technical Paper “Node Detection and Countermeasure to improve Reliability in Cloud Networks” in International Conference on Communication and Computing ICC-2015 on 9th to 11th july 2015.Published in McGrawHill Education organized by Alpha College of Engineering,Bangalore.
Abhishek BR, Aniketh M,Hari Venkata Deepak from 5th semester CSE, has developed an Application for Real-time Bus Rerouting(increase asset for utilization efficiency for a bus system) for Nokia Innovation Day on 15th October 2016, Bangalore.
Peter Hudson, Aakash Sunil, Lalith Pratap Naidu from 5thsemester CSE has developed Application for Alcohol detection system in Vehicles, for Nokia Innovation Day on 15th October 2016, Bangalore.
Multi-Model Mobility project is carried out by Giridhar N R, B N Abhinava, Ghanavanth V and Akshay Bharadway K H of 6th Sem CSE under the guidance of Dr. M N Thippeswamy, Prof & HoD of Computer Science and Engineering Department and Sandeep R K, Senior Employee of Nokia Communication Bangalore.
Aniruddha S R – 6th sem ,Anusha H P – 6th sem ,Ashray Joshi - 6th Sem ,Kajol – 2nd Sem ,Srivatsa – 4th sem participated in the all famous Waves 2016 hosted by BITS Pilani, Goa. The dance teams Sangharsh and Jhankaar progressed to the final round of their flagship event Choreo Nite and Jhankaar emerged victorious bagging the first prize.
Two of our 7th semester students Mr. Rajnarayan Dutta and Mr. Sameer Desai have brought laurels to NMIT by winning the regional level Information Technology Quiz organized by TCS and BITES in the month of March 2016.
- Mr. Anil Kumar- 7th sem CS1 got placed with a CTC of 15 Lakhs/annum and An internship is offered to him with a stipend of Rs. 60,000/- per month.
- 5th sem Student Allen Daniel Sunny has won First place as speaker in a debate in Mount Carmel College, Bangalore.
- Monish N student of 7th sem has won VTU Bangalore North zone basketball tournament, PES International Sports fest(basketball) and runner-up inMSRIT Basketball tournament
- A M Lohit 7th semester is Runner-up under musical event organized by Christ University and in Nagarjuna College of Engineering
- Nitin Singh Tomar& A M Lohit of 7th semester are runners-up in MVIT Football tournament
- Approximately 80 % student got placed in Multinational Companies like Microsoft-7, Nutanix-1, Subex-2, Infosys-31, Wipro-39, KPIT-10, Capgemini-2, Mindtree-4, SLK -10, Celstream-4.
- Sameer Desai, Rajnarayan Dutta, 4th Semester students of NMIT won the State Finals TCS Tech Bytes quiz contest organized by the Board for IT Education Standards and Tata Consultancy Services,2105.
- Ayush Keshri, 6th Semester student participated in India’s Biggest Networking Championship -2015 grand Finale at IIT-Delhi on 29th March 2015, organized by I-Medita Learning Solutions (P) Limited.
- Raushan Gaurav, Zonal Winner for India’s Biggest networking Championship at MVJ College of Engineering, Bangalore, 2015
- Kavitha Sooda, Shobha Poojary, Supin Shetty, Pawnish R, Raman “Android Based Control Mechanism for Smart- Home Environment”, 2nd International conference on networks, information and communication May 2015 (ICNIC 2015), SVCE, Bangalore.