NMIT (Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology) is an Autonomous Institution. NMIT is the youngest engineering college in the country to have been conferred the prestigious Autonomous Status by UGC, New-Delhi in the year 2007.
NMIT (Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology) was established in the year 2001. NMIT is a Private, Self-financing and autonomous Institution (Approved by UGC, VTU with the concurrence of Govt. of Karnataka). NMIT is-
- Approved by AICTE
- Permanently Affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
- Approved under section 2(f) of UGC
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation
NMIT has academic bodies such as Governing Council, Academic Council, Board of Studies, Department of Undergraduate Committee and others. Stakeholders in the bodies comprise of Academicians, Researchers, Industry Experts, Faculty and Alumni.
Salient features of the Autonomous system are:
- Course Flexibility
- Choice based credit system
- Assessment based on testing that measures the student knowledge, understanding and competence in the subject. Testing is divided in two parts with equal weightage for continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE) and the Semesters End Exam (SEE)
- Grading System is Cumulative Grade Point Average on a scale of 10
- Students develop strong foundation in Mathematics, Science and Engineering disciplines with command over different Engineering specialization , with capacity to apply professional knowledge and skills acquired.
- Industry relevant value added courses during vacations.
- Internships in Industry/ R&D establishments in summer holidays.
- Building leadership qualities including spirit of tolerance and team work.