Some of the achievements of the students are listed below:
- Harini Srinivas student from semester 8 is a finalist in “Speak for Karnataka-2016”, a Karnataka inter-college debate competition organized by the Federal Bank, The Times of India and Vijay Karnataka.
- Roopesh A and his team, students of the 8th semester, participated in the Student project Program 2015 jointly organized by KSCST Bangalore and SCEM Mangalore. The team was guided by Mr. Mahendra M A. The team was awarded the Best Project of The Year.
- Ganendra Kumar Das, Student from 5th semester, participated in GNSS USED MEET-2015 held at ISRO Satellite Centre Bengaluru. He secured a certificate of appreciation awarded for poster presentation on "Navigation system for the safety of women and children in crime-affected regions using smart tracking technology".
- Sunil S of the 4th Semester was a member of the winning team in the ArthroBotix competition at the national level of Indo-US Robo League (iURL 2014). This is qualifying round for RoboGames-USA organized by Technophilia Systems Pvt Ltd in association with Robotics & Computer Applications Institute of USA.
- Krithi H. Kornaya, M. Shoba, D.Sanobar, R. Manasa and R. Mahalya of the 8th Semester secured 3rd Place at the AerotriX Super Challenge organized by AerotriX, in association with Conscientia'14.
- Krithi H. Kornaya and R. Manasa of the 8th Semester won 2nd Place in the Student Paper Contest. This completion was under the banner of the IEEE.
- Krithi and Manasa of the 8th Semester won 2nd place in the Humanitarian Technology Conference on 'Sustainable future for Humanity'. Their paper was on 'Green Power Electrical Generation based on the concept of speed breaker'.
- Mahalya, Manasa, Sanobar, Shobha and Krithi from the 8th Semester were runners up at the National level Aerotrix Super Challenge.
- Mahalya, Roopesh, Anuj Gupta, NeerajPanthi of the 8th Semester won 2nd place at the National level paper presentation conducted by Jyothi Institute of Technology for Optimum Design of Supersonic Nozzle.
- Krithi, Manasa, Sanobar of the 8th Semester published a Journal 'Thermo-Orbital Analysis of STUDSAT-2, A Twin Nano Satellit ' in International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology (IJCET).
- Ebin, Anuj, Neeraj Panthi of the 8th Semester have done a project under the Innovation and
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC). The project is on 'Footstep Energy Harvested using piezoelectric transducers '.
- Chetan T R of the 8th Semester had his paper on 'Use of reciprocating compressors on turbofan engine' selected for the International conference, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering actively supports faculty to pursue their interests and goals.
Some of the achievements of the faculty are listed below:
- Mahendra M A, Assistant Professor in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering has successfully developed a facility for Fabrication of Glass Reinforced Composite Materials under TEQIP – II.
- Santhosh N, Assistant Professor in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering has been presented Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Metal Casting and Foundry Metallurgy.
- Harish H V, Assistant Professor in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering has successfully developed a facility for thermal flow analysis over an aerofoil under TEQIP – II.
- Dr. Shaik Ismail -, Technical Committee Member, IEEE Sponsored International Conference CCIP-2015, JSSATE Noida, India.
- Harish H V, Won Second Prize for his paper presentation in the national conference on 'Emerging trends in engineering technologies' (ETET-2014)